Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Vietnamese Pu erh tea

33 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Anonymous 10 years ago
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Anybody try Vietnamese Pu erh Tea?

As Vietnam have some anccient tea Tree in North Area and that is good material to make Pu erh Tea.

Most of ย Vietnamese Pu erh tea selling under brand name of Chinese or Taiwainese company

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Do you have a name or a specific company in mind?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Xavier: Yes , the biggest tea producer can make Pu erh Tea in Viet nam is Hung Cuong Tea Co Ltd, This company located in Ha Giang province closed to Yuannan China where have thousand ha of anncient Tea tree on Moutain. I have alot of picture of tea tree and also Pu erh Tea cake from them.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Seems like you have a lot to tell

Would you please be so kind to start a blog and tell us much more about this and share a lot of pictures.

And of course: Where can we get samples. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@ Mr Bram: Since I am new comer so I will learn about Blog and will do as your proposal. Regarding the samples I am willing to organise to send to you who interested in the Pu erh tea

bram
      Participant
      @bram

I’ve sent you a PM. Something more to learn ;).

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I never heard about this company or Vietnamese Pu Erh tea.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Actually it does not come from the Puerh region so… (or does the region go that far?). But I’m not that exact as long as it is clear where it comes from. “Vietnamese” does that.

What I wondered is it Shu or Sheng or do the Vietnamese produce both or something completely different?

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Good question @bram is it a true Pu Erh or a tea made like a Pue Erh one?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@ Xavier: The exactl name of company is Hung Cuong Trading Co Ltd, it started tea production and tea trading business since 1998. As I told you most of their Pu erh Tea has sold out under customer brand name they just selling loose pu erh tea or cake with logo and wrapping paper of ย buyer.

@ Bram: That area name is Ha Giang Province just separate with Yunnan by a river. Of course the process Technology from Chinese. And The thing we see that every year people from Yunnan come to Ha Giang to buy alot Yellow tea.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Some more idea about Vietnamese Pu erh Tea

http://steepster.com/teas/canton-tea-co/13681-1999-vietnamese-cooked-loose-puerh

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

I have recently seen mentions of Vietnamese pu-erh. Particularly from The Camellia Sinensis Teahouse: http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/tea/vietnam-pu-er-1980-he-ji-xiang

Alas, they’re sold out of the really old stuff.

The Canton Tea Co. one you linked to @Caobo is actually one that’s processed on the Yunnan side of the river. Not actually Vietnam. It was…awful. One of the first (and worst) pu-erhs I ever tried. Almost one of the last.

That said, I still hold out hope of trying a true Vietnamese pu-erh. Any contacts or tips you have about acquiring some would be really helpful. New teas are kind of my thing.

Thanks for posting this.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Hi Every Body,

I promise to send the samples to all of you the Vietenmese Pu erh Tea which Make in Viet Nam, in Ha Giang Province completly

Give me your detail contact then you will get free samples

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@Lazyliteratus: We still keep some old Pu erh Tea in our ware House in Ha Giang Province Vietnam. And that tea made in Vietnam by Vietnamese and ofcourse Vietnamese green leaves. we can Invite some one go to actual site to check. Let me know your contact then I can sent you True Vietnamese Pu erh Tea to you.

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

@Caobo – Sending you a DM now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@Lazylitertus: I got your PM

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Today my neighbours received a package with my name on it. I could snatch it away before they realized what was in it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you very much for the large samples. ๐Ÿ™‚

A question: besides the cake you sent me 2 bags of loose puerh: one called OP and the other OPA. What does OP and OPA mean?

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

OP could stand for Orange pekoe and OPA for a sub set of OP.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

@Xavier I considered that, but since we are talking Puerh and not black I was not sure. Never seen this naming scheme being used on Puerh before. Caobo confirmed that it is indeed Orange Pekoe.

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

@Xavier @Bram – I chatted with @Caobo briefly over chat. If he hasn’t responded via forum, it’s because he’s had difficulty signing into it. I told him to consult @Peter about it.

Got my samples last Friday. I must say, the ’99 cake smelled quite good.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

@Lazyliteratus Had a pm, gave him the same advise.

I tried the loose OP. Not bad. I’ve had better, I’ve had much worse.

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

@Bram I, too, dug into the loose OP today. I liked it quite a bit. The extra aging helped it quite a bit. One of the better shou pu-erhs (or variants) I’ve tried.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I am back. Thanks Peter.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Welcome back

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Merry Christmas and Happy new year

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

@Cabao – Welcome back. Merry soon-to-be Christmas to you. I dipped into the loose ’05 pu-erh. Liked it quite a bit. Still haven’t tasted the cakes, yet. Getting there, soon.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Lazyliteratus: Thanks.
      all of our customers in Europ leave for Holiday so do we.
      you will love the cake more than the loose

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Happy new year 2014 all the best to you . Waiting for new plucking season.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Hi everybody, please let me know your feeling after try Vietnamese pu-erh tea

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.