Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations The Hunt Is On…for Russian Tea

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by lazyliteratus 12 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

Recently, @jackie posted a video about Sochi tea farmers in Krasnodar, Russia getting ready for the Olympics. It triggered a synapse or two. I’ve been on the hunt for teas from the Dagomys/Sochi/Krasnodar region (yes, all the same thing) for a LONG time. So, I was wondering if anyone new where an American tea geek could find some?

Yes, it’s for the ol’ blog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jopj
      Participant
      @jopj

Ok you’ve send me back to my collection of teas. I was given a gift of tea which is marked “Russian Tea” although it looks more commercial than “true tea” heres the scoop: Russian Tea 

Samovar Blend with Mint
      A fruity-flavored blend of fireweed blossoms, black currant & raspberry leaves and mint.
      Made in Nikolaevsk, Alaska by Nina Fefelov 
      “All proceeds are used to purchase food for children in Russia.”
      web: russiangiftnina.com  907-235-6867 
      If nothing else they may have some suggestions
      hope this helps

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

@JOPJ – Thanks for looking, but that’s not quite what I was talking about. Although, traditional Russian tea for a Samovar DOES include mint, what I was looking for was Russian-grown, not Russian blended. The latter usually is a low-altitude Ceylon. Russians dig that stuff for some reason.

@Cazort – Every time I’ve gone into a Russian supply store locally, the result is the same…all imported tea from Sri Lanka. Or some kind of blend. Usually Russian Caravan…or crap with strawberry flavoring.

@Xavier – Got some of that. Thanks, though.

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

@Xavier – You’re a genius.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Heheheheellllo there)

Sorry guys, im tottaly busy for the last wweks. Rapid business grows cause way too much works. Aha. Anyway, @lazyliteratus i did catch your e-mail.

M? Can you be more precise, what you want me to do? To find and send you that tea? Mmm.. not sure that i will able to find that, but i can ask my assistance to do that. And btw, where do you live? I mean, that address of shipping?

Dan.

PS:

@Cazort u need some tea from russian too?

Just a simple “hello!” 2 @Xavier

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

@imbapromotion – Oh, I wasn’t asking anyone to ship it to me. I was just wondering if you knew of any place in the U.S.A. that carries it…or at the very least a website? That’s all. Thanks for the reply.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.