Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Your experiences with Bad Tea

Tagged: 

11 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Yesssss, time to vent, ladies and gents. What are you experiences with Bad Tea? What have you learned from them?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

To drink whatever (tea) you can get. Even if it is only Lipton. Or did your question not go that low.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@bram a bit too shakespearean, no?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

No, just tired from a long train trip back from Stockholm and now it is >30 degrees Celcius, so that does not help either.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@bram Once a traveler, always a traveler 😛

Vivek Lochan
      Participant
      @vivek.lochan

tasted a Gopaldhara a couple of days back which we got from the manufacturer labelled as a Special tea.

it was burnt – tasted horrible, smelled horrible, looked horrible.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@vivek-lochan This sound really like a bad experience.

Vivek Lochan
      Participant
      @vivek.lochan

@xavier: one of the worst experiences i have had till date with Darjeeling teas.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

The clerk at a tea store once warned me not to put two dissimilar teas in the same tea tin (separated in bags). She said the scents mixed so much that it ruined the taste of both of them! Has anyone else had this experience?

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@teacoupons I can see that happening if the tea is in plastic bags in a tin. Or paper bags. Or if the tea is very strongly flavored, like a Lapsang Souchong, stuffed in with an Earl Grey. What kind of scents were you mixing?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

They take over the smell and taste of each other, leading to new versions of the teas. If you want the original versions: they are gone. But that does not mean the result is bad…

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@jackie Well I actually haven’t had that problem myself because I took her advice. I’m not sure what kind of scents she was mixing though. She didn’t say. Wasn’t sure if it was a sales tactic with maybe a hint of truth to try to sell more tea tins, but I thought it sounded reasonable enough to take her word for it!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.