9 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Warren Peltier 10 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

What would be the “perfect” container for tea to go?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Me 😉

bram
      Participant
      @bram
      1. Big enough to contain enough tea for the trip or till a refill station.
      2. Keeping the temp constant for a long time. Even after some tea has been removed from the container. (=drink, once you do the rest of the tea cools faster)
      3. Light The weight should not burden you down
      4. Airplane proof. I.e. you can take it with you on a plane. Filled of course, without the guys at the airport freaking out.
      5. Easy to use for steeping on the road/refill station
      6. Comes with a pleasant cup of the right size and with the right feel
      7. No influence on taste
      8. No loosing hair
      9. A form that makes it easy to transport and handle

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Thanks @bram and the answer is? 😛

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

The answer is “Stay Home”

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

It seems you are all so tea funny these days 😉

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Must be the heat wave…

Warren Peltier
      Participant
      @tea-author

I think the perfect container still has yet to be developed. What is available on the market now hasn’t really solved 2 problems: leaf size/particle variability, stewed leaves.

Just about every day, I use a stainless steel insulated tea travel cup. Leaves are placed at the bottom, the filter (with large holes) does not filter out fine tea leaves (such as from black tea). The fact that leaves stay in the cup all day means that the infusion can get very bitter; excluding certain tea types: green tea, new white tea. In my experience, oolong and black teas worked the best. Puer or other types of dark teas would also work, but contain too many tea fines fit for an enjoyable infusion.

There are many imperfect containers for tea, but the perfect container perhaps has yet to be designed.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Thanks for your input. I have seen such containers but never thought about using one.

Warren Peltier
      Participant
      @tea-author

You might try something like the Teavana Contour Tumbler (see under Most Popular tab). The exact same cup is available at other retailers. That one works pretty well. Don’t worry about the plastic parts – they don’t impart any odor to the tea.

As I said above, they’re not the ideal solution for every tea type, but they work; and they’re convenient.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.