Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea News and Information Pure Ceylon Tea: An endangered species?!

7 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

I recommend you read this extremely interesting article that appeared in the Lanka Times today. It explains why Ratna Gamage – I’d describe him as a bit of a Sri Lankan tea activist – believes Pure Ceylon Tea is in danger of extinction. Cheap imports from countries such as China and Vietnam, blended with much smaller amounts of Ceylon tea, could be repackaged in Sri Lanka and sold mainly as Ceylon teas:
      Cheap Teas: Killing “me” softly

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Thanks for posting that article, I do love ceylon teas. Do you think buying from places like Upton and Harney which say they have single estate teas will ensure that mine actually come from there? If not, are there others that you know of?

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

If they say they are selling single estate teas, it should be pretty safe.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Ceylon tea dying out?

Not much of a loss there. Not to worry, I helped plant a few gardens on the mainland in India.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

There may be a danger of that in the next 10-15 yrs though, am I wrong? I hate to hear about this! More of a reason to support Fair Trade teas!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Gegründet 1937, haben ray ban brillen   Sonnenbrille weltweit als einige der besten High-End-Sonnenbrille auf dem Planeten erkannt. Bausch and Lomb tat gut in den Ausbau und die Darstellung der Marke mit extrem guten Ruf ray ban sonnenbrillen  in der Brillenmode. Im vergangenen ray ban aviator  Jahrhundert 30er Jahre, Hollywood-Stars tragen Prada Sonnenbrille Sonnenbrille ray ban günstig  Steckdose oder sogar Ray Ban Sonnenbrille ist zu einer Mode, die ray ban sonnenbrille   Sonnenbrille bald die beliebte aufgeführt werden wollten macht. Mit dem Zweck, den Drang der Suche nach trendy und elitär durch neueste Sonnenbrille fallen wir unter die Falle des Einkaufs für bekannte Töne wie ray ban online shop .Ray Ban Sonnenbrille ist wirklich ein seltsames erfüllen, es sei denn es bietet auch 99% von denen Gläser garantieren können, Sie finden 99 Menschen, die es zu tragen haben, dass sich das?

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

The debate is still going on.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Ceylon tea is one of my favorites! I have actually come across a supplier of fair trade and organic ceylon teas from a Sri Lanka Estate. They are doing something very cool, the company is supporting the local community not only with fair wages and working conditions, but with the construction of schoolhouses and other community development projects. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.