Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations English transl. of Russian blogpost about a decaying tea factory

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Anonymous 12 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

The pics are really interesting, though in all honesty not what I’d call very “appetizing”. Doesn’t make me want to sip the tea really. This factory is still going, although production has slowed dramatically due to lack of government funding. It looks rather sad really. @imbapromotion have you ever heard about tea production in Gudauta, Abkhazia? I’m going to have to look up that region, see what this is all about.

One word of advice, don’t scroll way down. That site seems to feel that adding links with girly pics works wonders. Can’t find a “decent” English language version anywhere else. Up until that point, it’s all “kosher”.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Yes, it does make me wonder! @imbapromotion where are you when we need you? Would love your Russian thoughts – albeit in English.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Im here) Just run into the office few mins ago.

One thing i didnt really understand. Do you want me to provide some kind of judgment about such tea factory? Or what? ))  

Well, first of all im not really sure – where did they sell their teas… i mean who is the buyer. I didnt eva4 saw Abhazian teas on the store shelfs. Ever. So my guess is most of that tea is purchased and “drinked” domestically in Abkhazian region. 

Second thought. If you guys strongly believe that some of the India tea fabrics doesn’t looks almost the same, well… I guess they some not far better then that. The quality of work, or in that case the quality of factorywarehouse and other facilities is a very tightly linked issue with a state of local economy, AND with the state of current competition on that (tea) market niche.

I personally didnt read the English variant of that post. But the main point in the “russian” text is all about: 

– The factory & the tea bushes fields are left from the ages of USSR.

– The can produce a low quality tea & they can somehow sell it.

= But the profits which they gain is so small, that its only enought for a peeny-style salaries for a couple of workers. And there is no f*ckin way or one even chance to them (workersfactory owners) to invest some cash into the repairs, upgrades or something like that.

So, all in all, they just work on that factory, and they will continue to work on it, until the last “machinery” will be totally broken. So its a dead-end road.

PS: By the way, Abkhazia is not a Russian Federation even. Its the country to the south… right there, there was a war of Russia vs Georgia a couple of years ago. Its a devastated land tighten to the bleack sea on the west, and god-knows-what on the right.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.