Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Breville One-Touch!

11 replies, 5 voices Last updated by peter 12 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

I’m very excited that we’re now the proud owners of a Breville One-Touch. Thanks to my lovely husband that is. The best thing about it (for me), is that the tea is ready right when I wake up. It was a strange feeling the first morning, when I realized I didn’t need to do what I always do; flip on the kettle. That took a little adjusting to, well just a couple of minutes really, and now I just enjoy. Although, I can see I’m getting demanding. I’ve started to wonder why I still have to fill in the water myself. Shouldn’t that be automated too? 😛

Yours,
      J.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Congrats on your acquisition!  I am glad you like it.  I have heard mixed reviews about it and I’m still not sure what to think.

I thought about asking for the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker for my birthday, but I ended up going with the Samsung Galaxy Tab instead… which is actually cheaper than the tea maker.

However, my birthday is still a week away, so you never know… I still have a chance to join the Breville club.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@identitea I can’t imagine “not” liking the tea maker, except for its price. That is an issue for sure. I don’t think it replaces every tea maker out there, if you only enjoy Gong Fu style tea sipping, then it’s not for you. But, for what it is, and price aside, it’s great. I’m still keeping my kettle and teapots though, I need them if we want to brew different types of tea at the same time.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

And I don’t have access to this marvellous piece of technology… 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

So, the fiancee bought me the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker. among other things, for Christmas.  Yay!

I have just one question for the tea-lovers in the community who have this tea maker… is it ok to use with flavored teas?  I have currently only steeped unflavored teas, because that is what I normally drink, in the tea maker… but I was just wondering if flavored teas would leave a strong aroma or taste behind and possibly mess with the next tea that I steep in the tea maker.  I am asking because I have had this problem with some of my tea travel mugs when I switch from a flavored tea to an unflavored tea… even after a good wash.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Flavored teas are iffy.  I love my Breville but the other day @peter steeped a flavored tea I don’t like with some pretty pronounced cinnamon/ginger “Christmas” flavors, and I couldn’t drink the next pot because it still tasted of the spices. We did rinse it several times, and eventually it was fine – but I’d prefer it if teas like that were made in a separate pot. So, I think it’s best to hang on to any other kettles you might have, because you might still need them to brew certain teas.
      Having said that, it’s still a wonderful tea maker and we use it every day, and I’m really thrilled to have it!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Geez, way to go @peter 😛

Ok, good to know.  I guess I could still set the tea maker on auto start and use it as a kettle to pour the hot water into a separate teapot for flavored teas.  I don’t brew many flavored teas, but it is good to know this just in case.

Thanks.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Thinking that since @iheartteas (Rachel) has now joined the “Breville” club, she might have a thing or two to say about it here too?! Of course she’s made some great videos on her site http://iheartteas.teatra.de so you should check those out too.
      One question Rachel; I thought I saw you mention something about it being able to brew coffee? Did I dream that? Just curious what that was about.
      By the way, Breville or no Breville, there’s no restricted membership to this club ; )

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Looks like Cuisinart reverse engineered the Breville One-Touch. And is selling their version for more $120 less…

See it on Amazon http://amzn.com/B005RRBI9I

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@peter I took a look at that kettle and the reason it is $120 bucks cheaper is that you have to lower that basket yourself. So it doesn’t have a “have my tea ready for me when I get home” function.

jopj
      Participant
      @jopj

Jackie, Peter; the Cuisinart in the photo is not even close to the Breville. The inner attachments are difficult and hard to fill and clean. You have to take off two pieces on the top closure to be able to take out the basket fully. If you own a Breville, or even thinking about owning one, the Cuisinart is taking a step back.

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

That manual thing is pretty disappointing – I mean, really, who wants to actually put the tea in the water and to remove it themselves. That’s what machines are for! The Cuisinart seems so last decade….I love our Breville!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.