• peter posted an update 3 weeks, 4 days ago

    @supermoon10 @xavier @lazyliteratus @iheartteas @thedevotea I wanted to let you all know that I’ve finished migrating Tea Trade to a new server. I’ll be taking the old one offline next week. This message is being written on the site on the new server.

    Everything generally went smoothly. All the sites are working. Geoff, there are problems with yours that I am still working out. There are limitations with the SSL certificate and I’m not able to secure the steepstories.com domain name. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet, but the site functions fully at the its original un-mapped address of https://lazyliteratus.teatra.de/ – links to it from Tea Trade also work. It is just that attempting to load steepstories.com fails. I had to buy a new SSL certificate for this new installation, but it is of a type that only covers subdomains – such as lazyliteratus.teatra.de, thedevotea.teatra.de and so on. The site works, it is just that I haven’t figured out how to get the domain mapping to work correctly.

    I will keep you all posted as I work through it all.

    • In addition to moving the site to the new server, I’ve also made a number of other changes to accelerate the speed of the network. Tea Trade itself, as a whole, has now doubled in speed. The blogs, in most cases, should be loading near instantly. The major exception is the ads. Once I get my next payout, which should take a few months I’m going to remove the ads altogether. (They are pointless, but Google only pays out when you reach a $100 threshold and the ads don’t earn quickly so I need to wait a while.)

      • @lazyliteratus I also found a possible workaround solution for your domain name and blog. I tested it out with the old Leafbox tea site yesterday and it seems to work okay. I’ve implemented the same method on your domain name, but because of how the internet works it takes about 24 hours for domain name changes to fully take hold. I will know more and explain tomorrow.

        • Hey @peter, domain redirects seem to be working fine. “http” works fine for steep stories links, but not “https”, but that doesn’t bother me. All seems good so far.

          Thanks for your diligent work as always.

    • I should soon test it 😛