Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea News and Information Why tea and wine goes well with cheese…

7 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Xavier 11 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Here’s an article that offers an explanation why tea and wine are often said to go so well with cheese. I certainly like cheese and tea, how about you? Tea and cheese, wine and cheese?

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/blogs/173142201.html

ThePurrfectCup
      Participant
      @thepurrfectcup

What teas have you paired with what cheeses?

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Oolong, and green, occasionally white with various cheeses like a Vermont cheddar, or a nutty cheese like a French Mimolette or an aged Dutch Gouda. Funnily enough I don’t like black teas as much with cheese. I know @jopj enjoys tea and cheese too, I remember seeing a photo once of a nice little meal she was enjoying, the cheese plate looked delicious. Good cheese is worth the money, I think. 

riccaicedo
      Participant
      @riccaicedo

The irony is that in China, the motherland of tea, most people dislike cheese.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

For some reason @bram‘s comment doesn’t appear here, but this was his reply:

@riccaicedo That might be because cheese is made of milk and therefore usually contains lactose. If I’m not mistaken people in China don’t drink milk and usually even have some intolerance to lactose.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

*Hmm weird. Saw it on the page before I closed it. (I post this as a kind of test)

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@bram I deleted my comment from the activity stream because text was just duplicating what you had just said a few updates down.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@lahikmajoe Where are you? This topic is for you.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.