Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Why Do You Drink Tea?

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Anonymous 10 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I was thinking about this question today and was curious why others drink tea.  Here, are a few possible options to help get a discussion going.  Feel free to add to this list too:

Taste

Health Reasons

Exotic Qualities and Learning Of New Cultures

Tradition/Family Connections

Business Reasons

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

For the sake of drinking something.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@xavier just for the sake of drinking something? Then you could just drink water? @johndelaney I drink tea because of the taste foremost but it is closely intertwined with tradition and family connections. By that I mean that I grew up drinking tea, as we were loose leaf tea drinkers in our household. A long time ago family members owned a tea plantation in Sri Lanka, so perhaps tea is just in my blood.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@jackie I should have written that I was just adding something to the list.

And tea was also drunk because boiling water makes it healthier (like adding wine in water was making it drinkable without too much problems).

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@jackie  That is in interesting story you have there about having heritage tied back to tea making in Ceylon.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I wrote a post about this very same thing some time ago. I should find the link and post it. However, for the most part I drink tea because I like it and due to my various medical issues I can drink it without any adverse health effects. I am glad this is one addiction I didn’t have to give up for the sake of health.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.