Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations What are you most often doing while you drink tea?

17 replies, 10 voices Last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

I thought of this question because of a recent discussion about how prevalent tea should or shouldn’t be on a blog. I’m not going to go down that route here, suffice to say, that we all do things besides drink tea & we all write about them from time to time. Sometimes we reach very, very far to make the connection to tea (see @lahikmajoe) – I always smile at how he manages to weave tea into even the most “off topic subject” you can imagine. How does archeology relate to tea? He’ll tell you. How does bee pollination relate to tea? He’ll tell you! Fish and tea? Easy! Picasso & tea, grandma’s favorite tipple, it doesn’t matter. Everything goes back to tea. I love it! Tea is so much part of life.
      Anyway…what I’m trying to say here is, what – besides just holding the cup of tea in hand – do you do most often do while drinking tea? Do you meditate in silence, blast out music, chat to friends on the phone, read books, practice juggling, eat cake?
      Yours,
      J.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Fun! I do a lot of things while drinking tea. I cook, clean, farm, take pictures, relax, read, watch tv, drive, work, and sometimes just stand there with a “dumb” look on my face πŸ˜€

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Reading: books, blogs like this etc
      Nothing: well sort off
      Working: I will not say sort off here.
      Watching: TV, Youtube, a bird in a tree
      Playing: boardgames
      Listening & talking: if I’m not alone

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

@tarastyme – how does one farm while drinking tea? 😯

I have a visual image of you dusting yourself off, unfolding a small stool and table that you carried out to the fields with you and pouring out a cuppa into some nice china (though not sure how that found its way out to field…!)

bram
      Participant
      @bram

@Peter: FarmVille? πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Peter said:
      @tarastyme – how does one farm while drinking tea?

I have a visual image of you dusting yourself off, unfolding a small stool and table that you carried out to the fields with you and pouring out a cuppa into some nice china (though not sure how that found its way out to field…!)

@peter and @bram you guys are funny! I should actually try that and take a picture of me holding a pitch fork and a nice cup of tea :mrgreen: I actually pour my tea into my stainless steel water bottle a lot and take it with me in the car or out in the garden. Sometimes I add ice if it is a hot day.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

No suprises from me. It’s music. Nothing like having a cup of Assam with some Funk or Hip Hop to get me in the mood for a day. The first one is always the best…

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Is this what tea and farming looks like?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I’ll be honest if I’m not in the washroom or taking a shower, I almost always have some type of tea with me.  It can be something I made hot at home, something I bought at a local shop that serves Rishi, iced from Starbucks, Bubble Tea from Chill Bubble, or even bottled from Ito En.  My point is I almost never go without no matter how strongely or lossly something can be defined as tea.  People who know ALWAYS see me with tea.  If I don’t have any the first thing I hear is “everything ok?” 

Moral of the story, imagine me with tea in every situation.  Go ahead, try it now.  Yay, that’s right, I’m that nuts.  πŸ™‚

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@peter ok that image was a little disturbing πŸ˜‰  i think it would be somewhat painful to be out in the field without a shirt. 

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I am doing everything and anything.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

That is rather grotesque image – those poor men look absolutely Irish…

Usually when I’m drinking tea I also tend to be rather busy avoiding Chinese brigands, murderers and government agents. What did you do today?

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I don’t think you were drinking that much tea while doing it since you can only drink tea at 5 o’clock.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

His (analog) watch has conveniently stopped at 5 o’clock.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Forever? Like the Hatter and the Hare?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I read, watch tv, browse the internet, sit on my porch swing, enjoy it at the office and during dinner!

I jam out to some blues while drinking it too!

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

* @iheartteas  Moral of the story, imagine me with tea in every situation.  Go ahead, try it now.  Yay, that’s right, I’m that nuts.  πŸ™‚

ha ha @iheartteas – should we expecting a blog post soon? With piccies of you hanging from the chandeliers teacup in hand? 

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

*It depends on the tea I’m drinking and how I’m brewing it. Brewing Chinese style in a gaiwan requires my attention, so I usually just focus on that and just sit and think between brews. Teas that I can just brew in a pot and then pour into ANOTHER pot (I need two pots, folks) to pour into a teacup don’t require attention after brewing, so I usually just read, sometimes browse the internet. Rarely do I mix work with tea, unless I’m brewing a tea I don’t really like in a glass and just guzzling it to help me focus on doing something like writing a cover letter or whatever.

Tea, to me, is a retreat from everything else. I guess you could say I have ritualized it, so usually I don’t do anything else besides drink it aside from the instances I’ve mentioned previously. 

-Happy G

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.