10 replies, 5 voices Last updated by bram 10 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Part one was very nice. Tonight part two. The first time in ~10 years that I programmed my vcr. Fingers crossed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rx1wx

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Trailer:

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Love this trailer @bram. Something also @iheartteas @thepurrfectcup will enjoy. Sadly we can’t watch the actual show here : (
      As to the clip, he doesn’t dare to drink Vanilla? Poor man. How alien. He’s right about the sharing part, one of the things I value the most about a good pot of tea. Had to smile at the scene where he’s pouring tea from the pot straight into the guy’s mouth. Anyway, interesting little interview with an interesting actor. Wish I could see more. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I love this video. Thank you for sharing. I for one am most interested in the “Space Kettle” and to see if some of that French Vanilla Tea was snuck in.

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Doctor Who and tea. Nice. I know we have some Doctor fans around here @supermoon10 @amazonv and few others. I would like to see the whole episode, especially the Morrissey segment (I’m an old fan, but he has gotten even more whiny in his old age…!)

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Update, I managed to get access by signing up for a proxy server. I agree with @bram that first episode was very good. The second one that is featured in the trailer above is available now (today). Any folks wanting info about setting up a proxy account to see BBC shows can PM me and I’ll give you the details of how I did it (upside: we now have access to BBC shows!)

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

It would be a better show if it just worked it’s way through the Dr Who’s

As for Morrissey, on the urging of friends I bought a ‘best of’ the other day. It was appalling from start to finish.

I am a big fan of Victoria Wood

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Just watched the second show (should be on iplayer soon, it just ended minutes ago). It was also very nice.  More focused on Britain and some America.

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Just finished watching the second episode, I think it was much better than the first. She covered a lot of ground and much of it interesting. As an aside, I noticed today that an article on one of our blogs here about the Duchess of Bedford was getting a lot of visits shortly after the episode finished airing in the UK. Most of those visits were coming from the UK itself and of course, talk about afternoon tea and Duchess Anna received early billing in the episode.

Digging a little deeper, I discovered that an article I wrote back in 2010 called Understanding Anna ranks #2  in Google behind the Wikipedia article about her (using the search term: anna russell duchess of bedford) The article itself appears to have become something of an authoritative piece of information about something so culturally important! Nice!

In addition to Morrissey, who I found fun to watch, Matt Smith and Duchess Anna, the episode also features Henrietta Lovell whom @jackie and I have long been fans of in the tea world.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Good. This means the series has some (positive) impact.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

For those without access to BBC direct or indirect: it is now also available for those who know how to use torrents. And probably newsgroups as well.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.