Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea News and Information UK: Tetley says good-bye to Tetley Tea folk

1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

If you’re in the UK, you’ll recognize these cheery Tetley Tea Folk right away. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RDEF4H06rc

I don’t actually know if Tea Folk is Tetley’s branded term, but it refers to their cartoon tea people. I must admit, while they are mildly amusing, they’re definitely not how how I see tea being marketed into the future. Maybe I don’t think they’re sophisticated enough. Or interesting enough. Or attractive enough. Or, well I can think of lots of other “not enoughs.” But they’ve been part of Tetley’s campaign for years, and while they were dropped for a decade, they made a come-back two years ago. Well, now they’re on the out again. 

Tetley is preparing a “multimedia marketing campaign” to be accompanied by the slogan: “Make time. Make Tetley.”

Well, of course I have my own answer to that: “Make time, make it loose.” – I shan’t be surprised if the ad execs start knocking on my door soon.

Anyway more info in this Marketing Week article: Tetley says ‘ta-ta’ to Tea Folk

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.