Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea News and Information Too much information…

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by bram 11 years ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I was thinking about what I have read in the past months on Twitter and I wonder if all these information in the media about price and lack of rain and … is really true or is it just a way to manipulate the prices?

Gingko
      Participant
      @gingkoseto

Too some degree it can be very true. But everything is relative. A farmer’s tea in a bad year can be better than another farmer’s tea from a good year. A farmer’s lower grade tea can be better than another farmer’s higher grade tea. A farmer’s tea in a drought, high-price year can be less expensive than another farmer’s tea from a low-price year.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@xavier lack of rain has got to be true, because that sort of thing is easily confirmed on the web. I guess less tea drives up price.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@jackie I know rain can be checked on the Web but I was wondering if Internet and the social media were not acting like a big sound box for what happens.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@xavier, I don’t know but I think it’s true; it rained and that can drive market prices up. However, how much it drives prices up, that I don’t know. I also don’t know how much the re-seller then adds on as mark-up. The standard mark-up, or more because it is now a harder to get the commodity? Interesting thought.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

It is probably both. Prices going up because of rain and some extra because people expect the price to go up…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.