Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations The Hitchhiker's Guide to Tea

10 replies, 5 voices Last updated by peter 12 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Okay – aside from @xavier – it doesn’t look like anyone is interested in contributing to a tea wiki…..

But what if it had a completely different format?

….so now I’m thinking….. The Hitchiker’s Guide to Tea.

Satire, funny, lots of lies and untruths (like: tea will help you loose weight…) and so on. Something lighthearted like that might actually be a lot of fun!

Any thoughts on that?

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

As you know @peter I love that idea. A bit of humor, mild madness and fun that’s what tea needs too. I’m sure @thedevotea and many others would agree. Maybe @dinahsaur too.

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

Oh sure. add a bit of madness and the opportunity to tell lies, and I’m sure to join in, right?
      Highly offended at the suggestion.

Alright, count me in.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Robert Godden said:
      Oh sure. add a bit of madness and the opportunity to tell lies, and I’m sure to join in, right?

You can add me too.

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Awesome! I love that you all think this is a good idea.

I’ve started the first work on the site and things are coming along fine, but I need help in coming up with a tag line comparable to Don’t Panic.

Right now, I’m thinking Don’t Steep it, (because it has the same number of syllables), which would be followed by …until you’ve read the Hitchhiker’s Guide to Tea. I need more ideas on this, because I’m not totally confident with that one.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Don’t panic until you’ve read The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Tea.”
      Because it’s only after browsing the madness you’ll really need to worry.
      However, not sure if you’re allowed to use the don’t panic phrase like that?

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

By the way….

bram
      Participant
      @bram

You off course have always a tea cup with you. (instead of a towel)

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Or better an old yixing teapot. Or to be silly a tea scoop or a tea boat or a tea table, the bigger the better. Either a Chinese one or an English Afternoon tea table complete with fresh still steaming muffins.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Don’t read until you’ve made yourself a cup of tea.

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

I’ve not forgotten about this project….I’ve actually been working on it all week. Have a few more web pages to create before I can comfortably make it public, but the website looks really good and I’ve worked out all the bugs with it.

I really think this is going to be something fun that everyone can play with a bit.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.