Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Tell me how good I am

4 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Xavier 11 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

Here’s an offer too good to be true.

I’ve been collecting quotes about myself and my writing. Not just because it’s a really brilliant subject, but because I need some for the cover of my book.

I have sent out the call out to various tea authors etc and have some material, but I’m looking for more.

To help you, the book is a collection of 49 essays/rants/observations. There are a few samples scattered thoughout my blog, but basically it is a slightly more reasonable/less ranty collection that my blog would suggest. To help you , here’s the back cover blurb:

A look at tea and the people that surround it that is part wistful, part ruthless. Some traditions are praised; some are lampooned, seemingly at random, as the book fires salvoes in all directions. It’s funny and irreverent, it’s moving and uplifting, it’s shocking and syrupy sweet, it’s informative and opinionated.

Described as iconoclastic, circuitous and bombastic by people who just want to impress you with their vocabulary, The Devotea’s Tea Spouts is one of the tea world’s favourite blogs. Here, the author scatters a few old favourites with 42 new essays to share thoughts on individual teas, the countries that grow them, recipes, the people who shaped tea history and to have a good old fashioned rant.

Whether you want a treasure trove to dip into and read pieces at random, to read the lot in a tea-fueled marathon or just something to prop up a table with a leg that is exactly .442 inches short, this is the book for you.

If you only buy one Australian tea author’s collected ravings this year, it might as well be this one.

So, feel free to add quotable and pity sentences on this topic. Who knows, you might turn up on the back cover, basking in my glow. And who wouldn’t want that?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

There is always something to rave about, but that is no excuse not to read this book.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

“My mentor and spiritual guide has always been Jackie from Tea Trade. Without her and her amazing site that is home to my blog, I would never be where I am today. Tea Stars are few and far between but you are looking at one now.” (Insert pic.)

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

I shall do exactly that @jackie. Although space is at a premium, so I will leave out a few words and reduce it to “Tea Stars are few and far between but you are looking at one now.”

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I won’t because you are worth more, much more than my words.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.