12 replies, 8 voices Last updated by Xavier 11 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Confess! It’s about time! Don’t keep your tea sins to yourselves any longer, but share them. You’ll feel so much better for writing them off your chest. 

What tea sins have you committed, that you might feel embarrassed, ashamed, or secretly happy about? 

I’ll start with one. And I’m aiming this straight at @thedevotea – I had teabags two days running. Yes, two whole days. It was Ceylon tea in little paper bags. On second thoughts, don’t tell him. He might not read this, so long as we keep quiet it might pass him by.

I don’t need to find an excuse why I regressed into bags, but I’ll tell you anyway. I was out of black tea. With the exception of some very small amounts of Robert’s tea, which I’m saving for a special tasting moment. And with the exception of tea samples, which won’t do when I need a big pot.

I do have to order tea, but I also knew I was going to be given some tea by a lovely friend. So – I held off and reached into the far backs of my pantry for the bags. 

There you go – my confession. Over to you!

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

It did not pass me by.

The shock was almost too much for me. I am considering retiring from the world into a monastery to contemplate my navel.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Checking down under so to speak @thedevotea won’t help you build your tea empire. However, confessing here might make the gods forgive you, and bless you with a million orders. 

ThePurrfectCup
      Participant
      @thepurrfectcup

I’ve used my share of bagged teas. Only at work where we don’t have a proper kettle. I’m sure my water temperature has been off a time or two when prepping a cup of tea. Oh and there was that time when most of the Assam tea I was prepping ended up in the sink/on the floor…

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Not sure whether to be delighted. or a tad disappointed that “Tea Sins” hasn’t garnered much response. Hard to believe you’re all beyond reproach : P

bram
      Participant
      @bram

*All my sins would flood the database and make @thedevotea boil. 😉

Most sins occur at work where I walk a distance with the boiled water before I put the black tea in. Sometimes after stopped for a talk or so. Margaret’s hope keeps hoping. Or where I use a teabag, though only when I have no real opportunity to steep at my desk. 

Or the box of teabags I bought last week. Okay, quality Betjeman & Barton teabags and only to be used when my normal tea equipment can’t be used, like while travelling, but still tea bags.

Or…

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

There seems to be an assumption that I am some sort of tea demon, ready to rain hell down upon the unworthy.

Ok, then.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

*MY tea sin? Impatience. I’m one of those people who, as soon as the cup or teapot is filled, enters a kind of dream world were 30 seconds stretches to half an hour. A full leaf tea that takes almost 5 minutes to steep? That’s like torture for me! Of course all that changes with some of the more temperamental greens. Then I turn away for a second and suddenly my delicious green has turned into undrinkable bitter slop. Stupid time perception. When will they find a cure for it?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

*well i guess since we are being honest……i don’t drink tea every day….

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

See @thedevotea, this is your tea sin to be a tea demon.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

My sins include partaking the iced green tea offering at Starbucks. It’s a sin I’m not ashamed of, it actually hits the spot when there are no other options available.  I actually once had some on Michael Coffey’s Tea Salon one Sunday while on the road headed from Portland, ME to Bangor, ME.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

I buy more tea than I can drink. For example I returned from Hamburg yesterday with 26 teas (=1.4kg) and 3 teabags besides what I took with me to drink there. These 26 teas are now ~20% of the teas that I have at the moment.

Considering that being away is an excuse to sin I also, as “promised”, drank Bubble Tea twice, once at McDonalds and once at an even cheaper place. That is however a sin that I don’t want to repeat.

More on Hamburg once I find the time to write new blogposts and sort my photos.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I can’t wait to read that.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.