Site-Wide Activity Forums Foreign Language Board Tea in Argentina

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Xavier 10 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

An interview of Guillaume Leleu where he tells us what he thinks of Argentinian teas (in Spanish)

http://www.theodor.com.uy/press/LaNacion.pdf

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Would happy to know how tea is going on in Argentina too, sorry the interview is in Spanish only.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I will see what I can do.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I translated what I thought would interest you the most.

“What brought you to Argentina ?
      The answer? The Argentine Path of Excellence Tea Contest , created to encourage local producers to achieve new standards of quality and change the image of Argentine tea and high quality product .
      Among the jurors (national and international ) was Leleu that of course blind tasted different varieties of missionary tea. ” Currently , and much to my sadness, the Argentine tea does not occupy the position it would deserve , in spite of producing thousands of tons per year and of being one of the major suppliers of the U.S., albeit anonymous … I felt sorry for it” he says. But then he lights a candle of hope : ” Getting better is a matter of will and desire . That is 50 % of the work , the rest comes alone. Then you need to put together a well structured project to remain on top overtime. It is not an impossible mission : there is a very good ground here. There is a huge potential , but what is produced in Argentina is not so much what can be, but what was said to be produced. There is no doubt that there are people eager to change this situation , because tea is part of the national heritage. “
      If you want to know more about this Mission area, checkĀ  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misiones_Province

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.