Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Share Your Tea Organizing Secrets

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Xavier 11 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I have so much tea in my personal stash and I’ve tried everything to keep things straight. I have even gone as far as keeping a spreadsheet. I’d like a simpler solution and wondered if any of you had any tried and true practices.

Thanks in advance 🙂

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Drink more so your stash gets smaller. Trust me it does not work.
      Buy less tea. I can neither.
      Label your tins, place them sorted wherever you keep them, if you can.

A kind of database app, as for cd’s. I’m not into apps but I remember seeing one for tea a long time ago.

Sorry, a spreadsheet seems to be the simplest solution that I can come up with this morning. What fields do you use (type, name, date of buying, tin I keep it in, place of buying, I should add more fields)?

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I use a spreadsheet with name, company, what is in this tea, flavors, steeping time and temperature.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Wow, you guys have a lot of tea. I know what teas I have with the exception of the tea samples I get from time to time. That’s where I lose track. Sometimes I keep empty tea packages for the labels to remind myself of the more unusual teas I’ve tried. I should write tea tasting notes, but I don’t really have the time for that. Generally I remember the good teas though.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

It might just be that your memory is better than ours. 😉
      I have to confess that since I write it down I know less well what teas I have. It does make my mind lazy.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Better memory and less tea? A good combo.
      Regarding teas, I stopped counting mine. 😛

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.