Site-Wide Activity Forums Support and Feedback information in toolbar

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by bram 11 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

bram
      Participant
      @bram

The spam topic gave me the following idea.

We have a nice
      Teatra.de toolbar at the top of our pages. Can there be some
      information added? With or without link? Not too much of course to keep it readable.

I think of:

1) number of unread private messages

2) number of posts to approve (for those that do not put this on automatic)

3) number of messages in spambox (to see if there are new ones to check)

4) … (for others to suggest)

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

This is good feedback, this is the kind of stuff I love!

1) Already available. You do get notifications of new messages already up in the right corner. If you mouseover your name, in the dropdown next to the word Messages there will be a number, highlighted in blue of the number of messages you have in your inbox unread. If you mouseover that word, the flyout menu will display the same information.

2) I just added it, per your request. Now, on your blog, you’ll see a new icon in the Tea Trade header bar that looks like a text bubble from a comic. It will display the number of comments waiting for moderation and it is also a direct link to the comments management section your blog’s dashboard. It makes it fast to get in there with a single click where you can manage comments and spam.

3) No reasonable way to display it on the front end, but access to it is part of the comments management scheme provided by solution 2.

4) I’m always open to suggestions. If I don’t have an answer, I’ll research it to see how feasible it is.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@bram I think the drop down menu from the “Welcome Bram etc.” tab, top right isn’t obvious. Once you know it’s there however, it’s quite useful. For me though, the most important thing I look at is, whether my notifications are at “0”. If not, I know I have something waiting for me. Also, everyone should make sure their email address is up to date, I get all new messages emailed to me too, so I really can’t miss them. 

Finally, don’t forget (everyone) to scroll through the activity stream for all updates, or if it got really busy, you can always sort your view by – only posts, only updates, only comments etc. Just don’t forget to set it back to “all notifications” when you’re done. 

bram
      Participant
      @bram

*Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.