Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea News and Information French company Le Palais des Thés to open 2 stores in NYC

8 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Xavier 11 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Perhaps @jopj will scout out these new tea ventures in the fall, and let us know what they’re like. French tea company Le Palais des Thés is opening up two stores in November, one on the Upper West Side and one in SoHo.
      More on this:
      http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20120824/REAL_ESTATE/120829943

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I know them and I like a lot of their products.
      I am glad they are expanding and getting in the USA.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

And I must say that their salespeople were not too pushy (at least where I went).

jopj
      Participant
      @jopj

On my list… which has become ever so long with ALL the new tea establishments opening and many which have existed that I have not yet been to.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@jopj “On my list…which has become ever so long with ALL the new tea establishments opening and many which have existed…” Reading that there are lots of new and old tea places in NYC is lovely news!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Well, it’s about time, I have to say 🙂 Their web site and PR announcements last year were worded as though they were opening these stores in New York right away. Was sent a sample of their tea to review, and had to correct my post – it was only an online venture at the time.

I may actually have to plan a a seperate weekend trip to NYC now and check them out. I’ll be in Paris again soon, but may not have the time to stop at one of their flagship stores while I’m there.

Have to say my favorite is the black-leaf version of The du Hammam and the tibetan-style blend (name escapes me at the moment.)

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@LatteTeaDah You are going to Paris? When? For how long?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@Xavier later this fall, mid- November, for a short 3-day weekend to revisit old haunts. Long story, but I had planned a 10-day trip there in 2010 and was driven to Metz/Lorraine instead (where I once taught) and have been trying to find the time to get back to Paris since then to actually do the tea shopping I had planned to do originally.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@LatteTeaDah but… but… but I live in Nancy 🙁

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.