Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Bonding with co-workers over tea?!

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Xavier 11 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Found this link to a British article on how the English spend about 24 minutes a day in the office, bonding over tea. All sounds very cozy, doesn’t it? Makes me wonder, how many minutes a day do you bond with your fellow workers over a cuppa? My guess most of you don’t bond at all, because either you’re:
      1) unemployed (which is why you’re on here 24/7)
      or
      2) you only drink coffee at work with your java buddies because you don’t like to admit “you’re different.”
      or
      3) you don’t bond over tea, because you don’t like them anyway, and the last thing you’d do is share the tea.

Anyway, let me know, here’s the link:
      http://www.hrzone.co.uk/topic/pay-benefits/news-uk-staff-spend-24-mins-daily-bonding-over-cup-tea/123128
      J.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

We have a coffeebreak ~1030. I’m usually not the only one with tea or hot chocolate.
      Further of course the bonding during the wait for the electric kettle to boil, often for more people at the same time, while others get something that looks/smells/taste like coffee from the machne.
      And of course drinking tea during meetings.
      But then I live in a country where tea is normal.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I do have tea at work and I share it from time to time with some colleagues.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.