Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations What to look for when shopping for professional tea tasting sets?

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by bram 9 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I saw this article on Twitter http://fineteafocus.blogspot.in/2014/08/5-things-to-look-for-when-shopping-for.html and I asked myself what I/you/we should look for when shopping for such sets.

Any idea? Any experience with them?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

I think it depends on what you want to do with it. If it is just for fun just take a nice set. I’ve got my still unused set from ‘Palais des Thes’ in Paris.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

You bought one but never used it?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Yep, that is a set of 2. But as a defence I have to add that I bought a lot of tea stuff in that period (almost 4 years ago).
      I still want to use them, but I also want to a lot my other tea stuff.

But now that it has been mentioned again, it is back in my concious mind.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

I”m not sure I agree with Nigel Melican about his dimension comments. Actually I am sure they wouldn’t matter to me much, although I can see why they would matter to him. I would probably just go by what I like to look at and what feels good to touch.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

It only matters to professional tasters and those that like to simulate them. And then the standardization and practicality are the important factors.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.