Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations What teas have your ordered recently?

10 replies, 7 voices Last updated by ThePurrfectCup 12 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

I’m very excited because I just bought a whole bunch of teas from Upton earlier today. On my shopping list:
      Several teas from Nepal, one Formosa Oolong and a few Yunnans. I’ll let you know what I thought of them of course, but I know I’ll like them all.

What about you? Ordered anything recently? Who from and what did you choose?

Yours,
      J.

liberteas
      Participant
      @liberteas

I seem to order from 52Teas on a weekly basis.  I swear I need to subscribe, but there is this part of me that fears that as soon as I do, I won’t like the tea that is offered.  LOL!

Upton is a great company to order from, they always send samples along with the order, and they personalize the labels for you… makes me feel special when I get an order. 

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

The last batch of tea I ordered were two pu’erh cakes sourced for a shop in the Czech Republic. Petr Novak generously got them for me as well as sending a tea set! I have yet to review them but they are fantastic!

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

The last ones I bought were from “real” stores but I should order soon (during the week) some Mariage Frรจres teas: Le Voyageur (traveller) together with Guerriers (Warriors) as a private joke with two friends/colleagues and another one (I don’t know which one yet).

From the Czech Republic? Sounds interesting.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I just purchased three black teas from the Art of Tea (my first order with them). One of the teas I ordered is their award-winning classic black tea. I thought it would be interesting to see what I think of the taste compared to the experts at the World Tea Expo. Plus, I’m curious to see how it compares to other black teas I’ve tried. AGWT

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Don’t hesitate to tell us ๐Ÿ˜€

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@agirlwithtea – What was the award winning “classic” black tea? It sounds so generic ๐Ÿ™‚ – Also what did you think?
      @xavier did you go ahead and purchase any teas from MF yet?
      @teawench – I just received a really nice Formosa Oolong from Upton, they have a bunch of oolongs with suggested water temps of 190.
       Also @gingko has some nice oolongs on her site, though I think they are closed for summer sales til the end of August. @marlon’s is also worth taking a look at.
      One more thought TW, try some Nepalese teas. I bought 3 from Upton and really like them all!

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

I have yet to do it (shame on me :()

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I actually placed my first order with Upton on Thursday….ordered a chocolate earl grey and an earl grey sampler. I’m really trying to branch out on my tea tastes.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Chocolate earl grey? Sounds interesting.

ThePurrfectCup
      Participant
      @thepurrfectcup

I placed too many orders last week! I ordered Milk Oolong and Caramel Spice from David’s Tea, Sleeping Dragon (a new green from Adagio), and today I will be placing a Teas Etc. order of far too much tea! But some of it is for my Grandma for her 80th birthday. She told me on the phone she’d love to drink loose leaf black tea, but not that flavored stuff! So I found a few they carry she might enjoy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.