Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Should the marketplace categories be organized by tea type?

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Xavier 12 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

There are currently two categories in the marketplace – Retail Sales and Personal Sales. When I first set up the marketplace, it seemed that being able to differentiate between buying from a company and from an individual might be important. However, the marketplace has not attracted full vendors as I had hoped (there are various reasons I’ve heard in the feedback from them – the biggest being how do they add their sales into their existing accounting system)

Now that the marketplace has some legs now, it has come up that perhaps it should be organized along tea types like traditional tea vendor websites. For example, Black Tea, Green tea and so on.
      Would that be a more meaningful organization for you? It would require (once I make the change) that all the sellers would need to go in and recategorize their teas accordingly.
      Let me have some feedback on this as I consider making the change.
      Update: Added the new tea-based categories, but am still investigating what will happen when I delete the old ones.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I think if there is a possiblity of categories it would be helpful.  As you stated tea type, even company or person, and so on.  I just love how this place just keeps getting better everyday. You two must be working all the time. Thank you both for your hard work.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Black, Green… would be good ideas.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.