Site-Wide Activity Forums Support and Feedback Page not found while commenting

5 replies, 2 voices Last updated by bram 11 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

bram
      Participant
      @bram

When I comment on a blog post I get a 404 “page not found” error. However the post has been made, so the problem occurs after submitting. (broken reference back to the page? some other after-submitting process going wrong?)

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

@bram – I’m familiar with the problem, it happens when I tinker with certain files and can confirm the issue. I’ve since rebooted the server and cleaned up some code in one of the files that writes the URLs, I tested it and it seems to be working.

Can you test and confirm that it is working properly now?

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Just posted on http://scandaloustea.teatra.de/2012/11/29/day-number-three/ a few secs before I read this post. Had the same problem. Might have been a caching situation though.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Unless the cache is stubborn: The problem still occurs

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Try clearing your cache, I’ve not seen the issue. I tested on the blog linked above an everything worked fine. The rules that handle it have been flushing across the network all afternoon (every time someone visits a dashboard, the URL rewrite get flushed – those rules are what causes the problem). I’ve going to leave the flushing script on for another 24 hours or so, though I think that clearing your browser cache should fix the problem.

bram
      Participant
      @bram

Seems to be working again. Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.