Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea News and Information List of all Darjeeling tea estates

6 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Xavier 11 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

I thought this list was pretty interesting. I found it as I was looking for more info on Phuguri, an estate @supermoon10 mentioned in his recent post. I don’t know if it’s complete, but it certainly looks very comprehensive. Just last Sunday we talked about Makaibari estate on a G+ hangout. I sometimes forget how many gardens there actually are in Darjeeling. While I think this will interest many, @jopj @iheartteas @mbanu spring to mind too: 

Tea Estates in Darjeeling

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

And there you only have less than half of the 87 Estates.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Thanks Xavier, you are right! Of course. Do you have any idea where to get a complete list?

lazyliteratus
      Participant
      @lazyliteratus

It’s my goal, someday to stay at one of the estates that have a live-in bed and breakfast.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

*Meant to say this earlier but thanks for posting this up. If there’s one thing that I get confused about with tea (alright, one of many things) it’s the estates where it’s grown.If anyone can get a complete list that would be awesome, not just for Darjeeling, but any of the Indian black teas (at least the main estates). Would be a great help to me if no one else… 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

This is as complete a list as I could find:

http://www.thunderbolttea.com/pages/darjeeling_tea_gardens_estates.html

I had an older link, but I can’t find it and I dont know if it was more complete.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Do you need to register on this website?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.