1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Anonymous 10 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Hi everyone,

currently Justea (www.justea.com) is running a crowdfunding campaign for their project. For your contribution you can get awesome Kenyan tea and lots of limited or exclusive goodies! All profits go to their project, read about it here:

“The JusTea team wants to bring social justice to tea farmers in Kenya. Although Kenya is the world’s largest exporter of black tea, almost 500,000 small scale tea farmers are trapped in a cycle of debt and poverty. Kenyan neighbours work hard together to support one another but lack opportunities. They are forced to sell their raw tea leaves for low prices to central processing factories. The tea then goes through many hands until it ends in our cups. Of the price we pay, only 1% of the money goes back to the farmer.

We plan to teach the Kenyan farmers to hand process premium quality tea. We want to create a partnership with them in order to sell their tea directly. This eliminates the factory processing and the wholesale middlemen, and therefore gives the farmers a fair profit. We want to re-connect tea lovers with the land and justice for the people producing their tea.”

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Hi

I think it is the same situation all over the world. Since fresh tea leaves are perishable the farmers are left with no option other than to sell it at what ever price decided by factories.

I see a great opportunity for your activity in India especially in Wayanad & Nilgiris (South India)

I wish to explore your hand processing techniques and support the farmers in this region.

Will wait for your inputs to take it forward

Regards

Laiju

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.