Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Videos – Tea on Camera Equal Exchange and Planting a Fair Trade tea farm

1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

This video was shared with me by a marketer for the Equal Exchange. EE is a Fair Trade company that seeks to bring Fair Trade products to market here in the US. As some of you know, I’ve been pretty critical about Fair Trade in the past and I will always maintain my skepticism, but this video represents a project that, to me, seems worthwhile and I wish them the best of luck in maintaining it. It looks to me that their business model might not only sustainable, but also one that can serve as an example.

For more information about the video check out Tea.coop. Also here is Equal Exchange’s website. The other organization mention in the video, Tea Promoters of India, appears to be a privately registered Indian company that specializes in establishing cooperatively-owned farms and helping them run operations and manage themselves. I could find business registry information about them, but not a specific website.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.