6 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Xavier 10 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

How can I add Google Drive dynamic charts to my blog?

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

@xavier – are you talking about the ones created in a spreadsheet?

Here is a link to the Google Docs help page for spreadsheets: Create and Edit Charts. Look at the section entitled Exporting, publishing, and embedding charts.

Here is a link to one of the subsections there describing how to grab the embed code: Publishing a chart to your webpage or blog post

After following those instructions, in your post editor, you’ll need to switch to the HTML view while editing your post and simple paste in the HTML code that Google gives you.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@peter I thought I had done that.
      I will try again.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

@peter it doesn’t work.
      I guess Javascript is the problem.
      To make it work, I published them as pictures.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

And one last question: how can I be sure that the pictures/graphs stays on forever?
      They didn’t show when I looked at them right now and then when I logged on to Google Drive they kept on appearing and disappearing (the files are public).

While you answer me, I will download them and import them as pictures.

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

@xavier I see no reason why they shouldn’t be there forever. The HTML code you get from Google simply loads the chart from Google. It’s really not much different from a video embed code. As long as the cart is available in Google Drive, it should work. However, the code doesn’t update when you change the chart in Google Drive – the parameters of the chart are embedded in the HTML code itself and the script it loads is used to make the chart interactive.

There may be a conflict with javascript between your site and the Google code (your theme is pretty old now, but it may also be one of the plugins on Tea Trade). If you can display them as pictures, and are happy doing so, that is probably the better long-term solution.

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

It works with the pictures but it would be cooler with dynamic charts (but I am in no hurry).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.