Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea Conversations Clever little steeping device (Kickstarter project)

23 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

I can see how this could be useful even though I mostly use the Breville. This little gadget saves you having to find a saucer or plate to park your strainer on. If you like using such infusers, thumbs up from me:

http://kck.st/104skA1

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

I just kicked in some money for this. I like it. I encourage you all to do the same, if you can.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@thedevotea That’s great. I was wondering about that myself. Perhaps I might. Now that I have your blessing : P

Xavier
      Participant
      @xavier

Perhaps I missed something but I didn’t manage to see its uniqueness.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@xavier Have you ever seen an infuser that you can put down without needing a separate saucer for the drips?

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

@xavier – I also liked the ease with which you could try the tea without taking it out. And @jackie, I have one of these: http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/400419953691?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

Nice. Here’s the video for it.

Gingko
      Participant
      @gingkoseto

It looks cool and definitely more handy than regular metal tea strainer. But am I right it’s $20 each? That’s not a price that I’m willing to pay.

The whole kati system (basically a beautiful mug and a metal strainer, if you wonder what it is) costs only $15, and I got mine with some super good deal discount (I think I bought a tea and got the kati system for free).  😀

http://www.teaforte.com/store/tea-accessories/other/kati-tea-brewing-system/

Gingko
      Participant
      @gingkoseto

But I could totally visualize many guys would choose kickstarter over kati :-p

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

The KLiP guy reached his initial monetary target in about three days.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@thedevotea: Thanks again for backing my project! The response has been amazing!

I see there have been a question or two on the benefits of this, so I’d love to add some key stuff for easy reference for the Teatrade community.
      Form as well as function:

Patent pending design allows for a snug fit onto practically any size mug
      Great for both loose-leaf tea or bagged tea
      Convenient. The saucer is designed right into the flexible silicone clip assembly, so there is no need for a separate saucer. After the tea brews, just removed the KLiP from the mug, give it a quick shake, and flip it.
      No need to count the minutes. The KLiP allows you to sip the tea while the tea is brewing (you can’t easily do this with traditional tea baskets or spring loaded balls). So, you’ll know the exact moment your tea is ready to taste.

I’m here to answer any questions!!

Cheers!

Joel

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

It’s all good, @boco , but I’ll thank you never to mention teabags again in my presence!

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@thedevotea just because you gave him money doesn’t mean you can silence the man 😛
      I think this little device is going to be very popular. Happy for @boco and team. @xavier hope that answered your main question.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@thedevotea That’s a nice find too Robert. I’ve never seen or heard anything about this. How did you stumble on that product? The only thing is, space looks a little small/cramped for the tealeaves?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@jackie haha, @thedevotea (Robert) can pretty much tell me to stand on my head and I’d have to comply….law of the kickstarter land.

Also, to reply to the space/volume question, I can stuff about 5 tablespoons of tea inside the Boco KLiP tea brewer, and that’s to the brim. I normally put about 1-2 tablespoons of tea in the basket, depending on the brand/quality/strength and makes a great single cup of tea. Also, it’s length/volume will serve well with whole leaf tea that some of the folks in China like to drink….this is vastly superior to say, the tea balls where space is definitely limited. But people use the tea balls regardless.

Joel at Boco

http://www.bocoliving.com

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

You see, @jackie ? . @boco gets the way things should work. Now the rest of you should fall into line.

I had one comment on one of the places I posted this and it was “No thanks, I prefer loose leaf”. I was astonished. The person in question went on to say that they preferred gaiwans, which is fine, but to deride an infuser as “not loose” annoyed me greatly.

I’m hoping to get a KLiP in my hands by the time I travel to the USA. And then we can put it and a gaiwan to a “baggage handlers test”.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

Well, you all jumped in earlier and now so many of the tiers are sold out. I might as well just buy one when it comes onto the market?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@ jackie are you in the U.S.? Email me at [email protected] and I’ll work out a Teatrade deal with you. I really want you to try it, I think you’ll love it’s functionality. You can sip to taste before removing the KLiP which is pretty handy IMO.

Joel at Boco

Bocoliving.com

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

That does sound promising @boco. And yes, we are in the US. I will email you. @peter and I are very intrigued.

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

On second thoughts I think I’ll just send you a private message here on Tea Trade 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@jackie, have @peter to email me too!

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@boco – I’ll include him in the message, we are one household…

Jackie
      Keymaster
      @jackie

@boco message sent, hope received.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

@jackie I tried replying, but the site was doing maintenance. I’ll try again.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.