Site-Wide Activity Forums Tea News and Information Business News: Sale of TEA: A Magazine

6 replies, 5 voices Last updated by peter 12 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Did everyone see the recent press release that Pearl Dexter has sold TEA: A Magazine? It will still be operating, but changes are certainly afoot. Pearl has certainly paid her dues and I hope she will get to spend her time continuing her tea travels.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I purchased a subscription to this magazine on the Zinio for my iPad and have only thus far read the Fall 2011 issue. I have yet to see the Winter 2012. I wonder if the delay is a result of the change in ownership?

jopj
      Participant
      @jopj

It is very interesting to see that so many of the people/companies/products that were around when I started in tea reaping rewards and moving on. My question where is it all going now that we’ve been recognized?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I’ve been waiting to release any more information until I see it elsewhere. 😉

I just saw an announcement on the San Francisco International Tea Festival FB page that Dan Bolton has now made public that the new owners have named him editor and publisher of TEA. Dan is currently the editor of World Tea News. If you go to the TEA A Magazine Facebook page you can see a preliminary mock-up of his first issue. Renewal notices will be going out soon that have more information about the change of leadership and some of the people who will be part of the next phase. I think people will be pleased.

I’ve been fortunate enough to work with him on WTN and I’ll be sure to let you know more as I can!

Robert Godden
      Participant
      @thedevotea

I’ve heard good things about this move. I think it looks to be a wonderful opportunity.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Here’s my last post on this because now I have a vested interest and I don’t want it to start feeling like spam.

The new TEA website is up and lists their new editorial team including….me. 😉

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

peter
      Keymaster
      @peter

@teapages – not at all, that’s not spam, that’s interesting stuff. I had a look at the website and found myself wondering, “why aren’t they hosting this on Tea Trade?” No matter what they intend to do, Tea Trade can give them whatever they want in terms of site performance, look, feel, etc. – not to mention that WordPress is easy to use.

Anyhow, I digress….

Mr. Bolton’s Editor’s Note was interesting. I found this part the most interesting:
      [code title=”From the Editor’s Note”]Tea A Magazine® will shortly undergo a transformation in content and design. It will continue to showcase tea establishments and inform readers of science-based health advances and it will introduce tea drinkers to those who grow and craft tea in exotic places. It will also energize an online tea community and convey the unique North American lifestyle that celebrates tea as food and drink. What the future holds, I am uncertain.[/code]

Fascinating stuff, I know ITEM Media has been in the publishing business for a long time, but I just can’t help but wonder what it would take to get them to partner with us!

Either way @teapages , I, for one, am looking forward to your updates about your involvement with Teamag and what its like contributing and working with them. Congratulations

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.